Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Fantastical Workshop
On Tuesday, October 7, 2104 the first group lead a workshop about fantastical literature.  Megan, Lindsay, and Alicia did a wonderful job teaching the class and informing us about fantasy literature.  I learned many new things about fantasy literature though the workshop.  Below is what I learned and would like to share with you:
-Fantastical literature has two sub genres, which is fantasy and science fiction.
Features in the plot of fantastical literature:
*not realistic
*logically consistent
*magically driven
Features in the setting of fantastical literature:
*rich details
*reality/world
Features in the theme of fantastical literature:
*good vs. evil
*being human
*consequences of pride
*effects of science
*spiritual
Features in the characters of fantastical literature:
*multidimensional personalities
*grow and change
*typically non human
Below are some fantastical literature books:



After this presentation I am more informed about fantastical literature and how I can incorporate it in my classroom. Many of the books the group presented I didn't even know were in the genre of fantastical literature.   


No comments:

Post a Comment