Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Lesa Cline-Ransome Visit


Lesa Cline-Rasnsone came to visit Mount Saint Mary College on September 9. 2014.  Lesa shared her wonderful books she has written and the process of how she writes each one.  It was amazing to me that she explained how some books can take up to two years to be published while other books have taken up to six years.  I was amazed to hear that her husband, James. E. Rasnome has illustrated many of her books.  I liked all of Lesa's books because I love reading biographies but one in particular caught my eye and made me think of a similar biography I had read to my 5th graders. The book was
 Stachel Paige  and it reminded me of when I had read to my class,  Promises to Keep by Jackie Robinson's daughter.  I though to myself, Satchel Paige would be a great book to read along with Promises to Keep next year because it exposes the students to two different biographies.   


No comments:

Post a Comment