Monday, September 1, 2014

Once Upon a Time when I was a Child…...


"Thank you, Mr. Falker!"

By: Patricia Polacco

Read by: Jane Kaczmarek


Once Upon a Time when I was a Child……...



During our first week of Reading and Literature we watched a video of Jane Kaczmarek reading the children’s book  "Thank you, Mr. Falker!" by Patricia Polacco.  This was a great video to watch for the first day of class because it made me think of myself when I was in elementary school struggling to read.  I remember not enjoying reading in front of the class because I was a struggling reader.  As I watched the video I thought of the different effects a teacher can have on his/her students in a class and how important the connections between students and teachers are. This also reminded me of my 5th grade teacher and how she introduced me to a series of books that we both enjoyed reading in class. The series she introduced me to were books by Gary Paulson. The message that this book portrays is great as well.  It shows students that not everything will be easy but it’s important to keep pushing you and not give up. 









No comments:

Post a Comment