Thursday, December 11, 2014

Dr. Seuess real name…...

Did you know Dr. Seuss isn't his real name…… and hat he really isn't a doctor.  If you thought that was his name well you are wrong.  Its Theodore Seuss Gusiel.  






Theodor Seuss Geisal was born on March 2, 1904 in Springfield, Massachusetts.  He published hi first children’s book under the name Dr. Seuss in 1937.  It was called, And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street.  It took him a very long time to publish his first book but he never gave up.  After that he was on a roll.  He kept creating children’s books that grew into the world’s most famous collections    



I love reading Dr. Suess books to my class.  His books in my opinion are some of the best picture books.  I bought all of his books for my first grade classroom.  His books teach word families, rhymes, blends, digraphs  and long and short vowel sounds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment