Thursday, December 11, 2014

Students and non-fiction


After presenting my group workshop, I have learned alot more about non-fiction.  It is very important to expose students to non- fiction when teaching. In the Common Core shifts it requires students to be exposed to fiction and non-fiction.  My students are exposed to large amounts of nonfiction through the Domain in the Common Core.  The last non-fiction topic my class learned about was the human body. Students learned about the heart, circulatory system, digestive, system, and skeletal system.   The pictures for the read aloud did a great job depicting that particular system. 



I believe my students were very engaged in this non fiction topic because they were able to relate it back to themselves.  For example when we learned about the circulatory system, students were able to feel their pulse.

No comments:

Post a Comment